Sunday, May 20, 2012

DIY Glitter Nail Polish

So I am in LOVE with Milani's Jewel FX glitter polish.

But in Wally World its $3.97 and for this girly, that's too much. I won't be able to freely purchase nail polish again until next month and I want glitter nails now. So I had this thought: "I wonder if I mix the acrylic nail glitter with clear nail polish, will it do the same?"
After researching this, I found that it may not be safe. Plus I don't have any more cash in my account right now to order any. So then I had this thought: "Hey! With all of this damn glitter I've collected, I should be able to make my own nail polish!"

And I got this:



This literally cost me a dollar. I used nail polish my mommy gave me, and glitter I recently got from Dollar Tree. So to make it yourself:

WHAT YOU NEED:
-Any clear nail polish
-Any glitter (use one color or mix it up!)
-Throw away surface to work on
....
That's all!


STEPS:

Actually its just two simple steps:
1) Pour glitter (the more you put in the thicker it will be) in the polish.
2) Put the top on and shake it as you normally would to mix up polish you purchased

Then, voila! Just glide it on.



Depending on how much you put in, it may take just two coats. I mixed a medium blue and a light blue packet so I only needed two or three coats.

You can get your glitter ANYWHERE. This is what the glitter I bought from Dollar Tree looks like (in shades of gold/brown):


Great deal, no? You can get shades of pink, blue, gold/brown, black/white, and green. Even cosmetic eye glitter works.

Now the glitter will separate after sitting, but all you have to do is shake it back up! Hope you enjoy!

Peace, Love, and Crafts
Jasmine H.

2 comments: