Sunday, May 20, 2012

Hello, Beautiful! (Reviews, Rambles, Kitties)

Hi! So I've been neglecting this blog...but for good reason! The past two weeks have been crazier than the weeks before them! Filled with Macbeth tech week and performances, a bonfire, a banquet, AND senior exams. Now I'm free for the summer!...just about. I graduate this upcoming Thursday :3

But yes! Onwards to what I'd like to type about.

Well I don't actually have anything. So I am just going to say random things:

Make-up. I need some. I went to Sephora the other day, and created a $95 to $100 wishlist. I'd love some advice and what I should get as far as eyeshadow palettes! Regardless, both will live in my make-up case one day, just one before the other. With each product I want, though, I will give a mini review. Because I have sampled each one at least once!

 

Okay, I know it's a bronzer but I want it for foundation. If you read the reviews, others say that the color is WAY off for it to be a bronzer - way to dark. I tried it last Friday, and it is a beautiful foundation for darker skinned ladies such as myself. It blends wonderfully with my skin, which is a medium, milk chocolate brown. Which is quite enough proof it is not a good bronzer. So yes, great African American (and possibly Indian, Native-American, and Mexican) girl foundation. Bad Caucasian, Asian, etc. bronzer. As a whole, try it before you buy it.

Beautiful palette. My suite-mate is a make-up whore, like me, except she was a rich one. She owns almost every palette that can be found in Sephora and this is one of her favorites...and mine! I don't own it yet (obviously) but she is such a sweetheart that she let me use it whenever I grew tired of my make-up. Honestly, the colors really pop. What I love about the colors is that they look great on all skin colors! She is an ivory color, and the colors glowed. I am a milk chocolate, and the colors glowed! They highlight your eyes in every way. There is no need to try this before you buy it. I guarantee that it is worth it! I just hate that it comes with lip gloss rather than Primer Potion. But you honestly don't need it! I used it every night of Macbeth (hot lights, running to make entrances on the opposite side of the building, and more!) and it never wavered - and each night there was no primer used.



So I only tested this a couple of times when I visited Sephora and I am in love! The colors are very pigmented and they complimented my skin very well. I did not put any on my eye, though I can tell if they compliment the skin on my hand, then they definitely will compliment my eye color! The colors are really warm and bright (but not neon!). They just jump out at you! The store clerk recommended either this or the Naked2 out of all of my other choices. I really want this!



Okay, I haven't tested any of this, but what a great deal! Yes they are sample sized, but that is a lot of sample sized stuff! Yea, or nay?


And this all leads me into my next question: Should I just save for my SLR camera? If you've kept up with my blog, you know that my old camera and memory card was stolen during one of my many train rides home. I've wanted a SLR camera for YEARS now, and I may have enough money from graduation gifts to buy one. Should I? Or should I not? Camera or Make-Up? Make-Up or Camera? Let just hope there will be enough for both :3

Oh! And I'm trying to get a job once again. So if it works, then I can buy one or the other after a few weeks anywho<3

I have a kitty beside me right now. Its my black devil, Danger. She's been affectionate since I've been home! She's so cute :3 And this leads into my new exciting news: I HAVE CLAIMED TWO KITTIES!!!

One is a little slow bunny, named Speedy. He is so small and stupid and cuteeeeee! He's all black (so Danger has a replacement when she dies, jk! But seriously though..) and he has the spaciest look on his face constantly. I love 'im!


And next there is this gray fluff ball that I have named Sir Walter Raleigh,. He is the absolute cutest. Cuter than Speedy maybe. I'm not sure.

Now I require nourishment and liquid refreshments. I shall type later, stay tuned!

Peace, Love, and Crafts,
-Jasmine H.

No comments:

Post a Comment